The National Computing Centre (NCC) is the single largest and most diverse corporate membership body in the UK IT sector.
NCC champions the effective deployment of IT to maximise the competitiveness of its members' business, and serves the corporate, vendor and government communities.
Our services include independent and impartial advice and support, best practice and standards, personal and professional development, managed service delivery, and experience sharing. We also provide research reports, high-quality conferences and a range of publications including Conspectus, Management Consultants' News and IT Adviser.
The objective of all of these activities has been to provide users with the highest quality of information on a timely basis. The NCC now has nearly 1 million individuals who have used our services and we believe that is a phenomenal endorsement.
However, the web has provided the NCC with an exciting, flexible distribution facility that enables us to extend our range of services. In 2004 we researched how the web was being used and how this could benefit users and buyers of software and technology.
The result – The Evaluation Centre. Unique in the UK.
“Since the National Computing Centre was founded, information technology has had a profound impact on our day-to-day lives, delivering a wide range of benefits to millions of people. Throughout that time, the NCC has served as a valuable guide to its members and the IT community across the UK. A champion for technology adoption and organisational change, the NCC helps its members use and manage information technology effectively. As a result, the NCC has also played a vital role in the development of the UK economy.”
Bill Gates, chairman, Microsoft
“The National Computing Centre has played a major part in promoting the effective use of IT in Britain by providing the training and encouraging the sharing of knowledge and best practice between the public and private sectors.”
Rt. Hon. Tony Blair
· Evaluation Centre – the online guide to software, services and technology.
· Consultancy – management consultancy, training services, standards and compliance services, vendor-agnostic independent audits, assessments and healthchecks.
· IT Department Accreditation – a unique business improvement programme and certification scheme.
· NCC membership – independent expert advice and guidance for IT management.
· Conspectus – market research and support services to organisations in IT and telecoms.
· e-GIF – accreditation and compliance services.
· Research – NCC's pursuit of opportunities for innovative research and services.
Evaluation Centre and Conspectus: Other NCC services:
The National Computing Centre The National Computing Centre
2nd Floor, Lexham House The Flint Glass Works
14a Hill Avenue 64 Jersey Street
Amersham Manchester M4 6JW
Bucks HP6 5BW UK
Telephone: +44 (0)845 519 1055
Telephone: +44 (0)870 908 8767 Fax: +44 (0)870 134 0931
Fax: +44 (0)870 134 0931 Email: email@example.com